What you really be doing:
We promise top-quality service to each and every one of our customers. That means more than 200,000 people have exceptionally high expectations. As a developer for the group pension department of this company you will work on the development and refactoring of their systems, through which numerous employers provide a solid pension plan for their employees. Safety, quality and long-term oriented architecture are the primary goals.
No problem for you!
That should be no problem for you, because it’s in your nature to be responsible, neat and thorough, while keeping a flexible mind-set. Just as important, however, is that you enjoy working together closely with a bunch of other talented developers in an international setting. Because after you’ve been part of one or two of the teams for a certain amount of time – in which you convince us of your skills, get acquainted with your team members, and become familiar with our systems – you’ll get the chance to become a technical coach. In this role you’ll be responsible for the technical link between business and operations located in Amsterdam and developers working abroad, providing technical guidance and taking a lead role in various technical improvement plans. Don’t be afraid, you’ll get ample time to demonstrate your excellent development skills as well!
Your experiences & skills
- You’re smart and have some way of proving it.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of enterprise (size) application development.
- Affinity with UML, design patterns, SOA and OOP.
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus. Think of Scrum, Kanban, TDD, DDD.
- Continuous integration, automated deployment and working in a DTAP holds no secrets for you.
- Experience with the preparation of software architecture documentation and initial architectural designs.