The R&D department of our client is located in Alkmaar, the Netherlands. They have a dynamic work environment where employees develop innovative products and solutions for the financial market. Regulations for financial markets have become very demanding since the financial crisis in 2008. Their recording & compliance solutions are used by compliance officers of the major financial institutions around the world for early fraud detection and prevention.
They work in small motivated Agile Scrum teams on modern, scalable and reliable solutions that capture, store, and manage high volumes of voice communication generated in trade floors and back office (telephony) environments. This means working with telephony switches/PBX’s, networking technologies, VoIP, digital audio, huge databases, etc.
They are moving to build and integrate future-proof Big Data solutions: searching and indexing of possibly Petabytes of data.
Your job as a Software Architect - C#
You will be working together with the developers on different scrum teams, keeping an eye on the big picture but also helping the teams with guidance and hands-on coding.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Design and plan software product architecture
- Present architecture concept to relevant stakeholders
- Document design and architecture decisions, including APIs, flowcharts, and diagrams
- Ensure correct implementation of architectural concept throughout product development
- Act as the R&D product expert, understanding the product in terms of its requirements, purpose and need in the market
- Interface with R&D Groups, Product Management, Customer Support and Services.
Their scrum teams consist of both software developers and QA engineers, working on solutions for recording and analysis of communication for the largest global companies in the financial markets. Their customers demand the most reliable, scalable and secure solutions, capable of processing very high volumes of communications traffic. That’s why they expect you to take ownership of everything you do.
What else? - Software Architect - C#
- You are energetic, sociable & inspiring;
- You have good verbal and non-verbal communicator skills;
- You have strong documentation skills;
- You have strong analytic and coding skills;
- Focus on delivering high quality;
- Enjoy technical challenges.
What do you bring? - Software Architect - C#
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent
- Your English is fluent (in speech and writing)
- Practical experience/knowledge in software architecture
- Have a long-standing and strong software development background, including:
- Knowledge of architectural styles, software design, and design patterns
- True and effective Microsoft .NET C# skills and strong knowledge of .NET frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL development, data modeling, and database design
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Knowledge of Enterprise Search Engines, such as Elasticsearch
- Strong knowledge of Cloud computing and Cloud technologies, such as AWS
- Experience with (and enthusiasm for) working with Agile Scrum teams
- Are self-managing and display effective leadership & influencing skills
- You are flexible, able to multitask and work on multiple projects with tight timescales.
- Distributed systems, WCF, networking & connectivity
- Multithreading, concurrency, and code performance
- Secure coding, security awareness, and encryption
- Continuous delivery
- Telephony, PBX or VoIP infrastructures (a real bonus)