Our client is the global leader in trading energy commodities. They deal with buyers and sellers of certificates and physical products all over the world. These include energy efficiency certification, renewable energy certificates and carbon emission allowances. Their goal is to bring their customers the right products for their needs, at the right time. Because their energy commodities trading network is more expansive than any other trading company in this market, they are able to offer unrivaled choice, service and reliability.
• Creating and maintaining tools that meet the business needs of all key departments;
• Automating manual processes (e.g. excel, legacy tools);
• Integrating and simplifying data flows between systems;
• Writing unit tests as well as regression tests;
• Working with end users to identify and refine requirements for new and existing solution
• Degree in computer science (or related field, or relevant experience);
• Sound understanding of software development practices;
• Experience with C#, C++, Python;
• Experience in working with object-oriented development and design patterns;
• A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• SQL Database schema design and optimization;
• Experience working in an Agile environment;
• Experience with Azure/AWS;
• Experience with Git.
1. Attention to detail: the ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently;
2. Focus on quality: setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and to secure quality;
3. Planning & organizing: the ability to determine goals and priorities and to assess the actions, time and resources needed to achieve those goals;
4. Cooperation: the ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest;
5. Result-Orientedness: the ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives;
6. Initiative: the ability to recognise and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.