My client is a proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects in Europe and the United States. Building upon their parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, they have started their SaaS-based venture and are now further strengthening their team.
They use IoT sensor technology and telemetry, cloud computing,data analytics and machine learning to create a unique building analytics platform. Their standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping their clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Their ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world. They are frontrunners in the market and continuously develop their product further in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, enabling them to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, they are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
The world needs better buildings
We are looking for a full-time solution architect to strengthen their team. In your role you will be a main sparring partner for the Product Owner and CTO.
- You will have a sound understanding of the structure of our existing platform systems and perform analyzes for product development ( brown field;
- You will also develop the software architecture of new products or services (green field), based on MS Azure IoT components and developments (e.g. data bricks, digital twin, etc.);
- You will translate requirements into a high level design. You translate the desired information needs into information products and an information system with objectives and conditions (Translating concepts, requirements, specifications and ideas into concrete software solutions);
- With the CTO you will create and maintain the technical roadmap, initiate improvements, coach designers and software engineers in our team. You remain actively informed of developments in the market and the field;
- You advise the CTO on the design of the software systems and the technical choices related to this;
- Supervises Software Developers and Analysts (inhouse and outsourced) in applying the designed architecture and using development tools;
- Check and test the technical design with regard to architecture and guard compliance with the guidelines and regulations (ISO 27001, GDPR, etc);
- Draw up test scenarios and tests software against functional requirements;
- You will have responsibility for co-developing and ensuring the technical strategy and quality of the overall platform architecture, building (new) platform capabilities and optimizing the existing architecture;
- You will also be working on the coordination and creation of new data interfaces and collecting data from different data sources from buildings (sensor data, building management system data, etc.) as well as systems of tenants (room booking, access control, parking, etc.) and partner solutions such as mobile applications, integrating mostly Microsoft IoT based solutions.
Competencies relevant to the role
- Natural team leader who enjoys managing teams towards clear targets;
- Well-structured and process oriented with intrinsic drive for excellence;
- You have good communicative skills and enjoy working in a team with diverse, complemetnary skills;
- You find it interesting to take on technical challenges. You are entrepreneurial, result-oriented, have a ' can-do ' mentality and you are able to bring parties together;
- You are used to working in a dynamic environment, with parallel projects, changing circumstances and changing priorities;
- You shares our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings.
- Bachelor's degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a software / system architect and familiar with Design Patterns , Architectural Patterns and Coninuous Integration, incl. relevant and current experience with:
- The development of Azure IoT cloud software systems;
- Designing and describing software architectures;
- The development according to design patterns and design principles;
- Model driven development;
- Quality- oriented development (ISO25010);
- Azure Solutions Architect (Associate or Expert certified)
- Experienced with Azure DevOps
- Experienced with serverless / micro services architecture and directory services (B2C).
- Comfortable coding among others in .NET/C#, PowerShell, Python, Embedded C/C++
- Several years of experience as Scrum Master (certificate not essential)
- EU working permit
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Ability to code in ASP/.NET;
- Experience with Power BI;
- Basic understanding of electronics, sensors, Arduino/Raspberry PI, Azure Sphere.
Does this appeal to you? Please contact me with your cv and we'll be in touch!