We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects all over Europe and the United States. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we have started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world. We are frontrunners in the market and continuously develop our product further in close alignment with cuttingedge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, enabling us to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, we are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
The world needs better buildings
We are looking for a full-time developer to strengthen our team. In your role you will be building (new) platform capabilities while optimizing the existing code base. You will also be working on new data interfaces and integrating data from different data sources from buildings (sensor data, building management system data, etc.) as well as systems of tenants (room booking, access control, parking, etc.) and partner solutions such as mobile applications, integrating mostly Microsoft IoT based solutions. Through close collaboration with our inhouse developers and data scientists you will be able to co-develop with our partners at Microsoft for the development of the next generation of our underlying Azure IoT platform. Furthermore, you will have regular interaction with our wider international product -, commercial - and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
Competencies relevant to the role
- Extensive experience with the .NET framework and other technologies: C#, Web API and Microsoft Azure IoT.
- Comfortable coding among others in .NET/C#, PowerShell, Python, R
- Must have advanced experience in Object oriented programming, data structures, dependency injection and multi-threading, creating high-level, low-level design documentationExperience in agile software development.Minimum 1 year of experience working with DevOps as source control and should understand the concepts around pull requests, branches, repositories.
- Experience with REST API/ Web API creation, consumption, integration using Service Oriented Architecture / Service Bus (Azure Service Bus)
- Experience with MicrosoftAzure (Azure SQL, Storage, Web apps, web roles, worker roles, Service Fabric,Iot Hub).
- Experienced with serverless and micro services architecture
- Experience in IoT solutions is a big plus
- Experience in working with global scalable cloud enterprise applications.
- Experience with unit test frameworks (Microsoft Unit Test Framework, MOQ), • Strong understanding of distributed systems a plus
- Experience in PowerBI and ability to code in ASP/.NET is appreciated
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to learn
- Intrinsic strive for excellence
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented
- Thrives working towards dead-lines
- Shares our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings
- Communicative and enjoys working in teams with diverse, complementary skills
Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Bachelor degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- >3 years work experience in development on Microsoft Azure IoT platform
- EU working permit
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)