For a client in the industrial packaging industry, Spilberg is looking for a Sr Mechanical Design Engineer that is experienced with industrial equipment manufacturing. Do you have the knowledge and skills to coach fellow mechanical engineers? The company goal is to help improve our systems and support the customers in the achievement of their goals.
You will be collaborating with different departments to develop optimal solutions for the machinery. More specifically, you and your team will design and material handling equipment such as conveyors, palletizers etc. You will be responsible for creating new equipment as well as standardizing our existing equipment.
Location: North Brabant and Amsterdam
Tasks of a Sr Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Analyse the needs, make calculations and identify the required parameters according to the customers’ design;
- Develop concepts and identify solutions in collaboration with the team;
- Model systems and equipment’s plans, drawings, and specifications;
- Select systems and equipment’s components and materials;
- Collect quotations from suppliers regarding components and analyse their comments;
- Resolve issues faced in the systems and equipment’s design in collaboration with the Engineering team;
- Carry out research and development projects, which mean you will conduct tests and trials;
- Support the Manufacturing team in projects’ execution;
- Review and approve manufacturing work;
- Collaborate on the preparation of technical documents;
- Analyze the issues faced by the customers and make recommendations;
- Work at customers’ sites to resolve technical issues;
- Estimate the costs and deadlines according to the customers’ needs.
As a Mechanical Engineer you possess the following skills:
- BSc mechanical engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in mechanical design;
- Knowledge of development and construction of equipment;
- Knowledge of CAD packages;
- Affinity with Solid Edge would be nice;
- An eye for quality and feasibility;
- A proactive and team-oriented method;
- Good communication skills in English.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 holidays plus 13 ADV days;
- An informal atmosphere;
- All disciplines under the same roof;
- A staff association that organizes BBQ’s, pub quizzes and other fun activities.
Is Mechanical Design within a large organisation that feels like a small company something that sparks your interest? Be sure to send your cv and motivation to email@example.com or call 0610090077.