For a big and valued client, I am looking for an experienced Android developer! (with back end experience in node.js and java)
The company is active in the travel industry and their mobile app alone has more than 100 million users..! They have over 28 million accomodations listed on their app. This includes 6.6 million listings of homes, apartments, and unique accommodation types.
As an Android Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for developing complete Android applications, both on the backend and client-side, for monitoring, addressing performance, and scaling our online marketing systems. Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly developing next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance mobile applications with an important component of backend modules running in private and public cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring reliability and increasing the maturity of all systems via the use of system health monitoring tools and building new health indicators as needed
- Working independently, taking ownership, acting as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborating with adjacent teams and other stakeholders to deliver on business objectives
- Minimum of 4 years software development experience.
- Proficiency in Kotlin programming language
- Knowledge of Redux based architecture for mobile apps
- Experience with GraphQL
- Tools and libraries (Apollo Client, Apollo Android, etc.)
- Ability to design efficient and flexible GraphQL schemas
- Skill in writing GraphQL queries and mutations in Android apps
- Strong working knowledge and experience with one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. NodeJS, Java)
- Experience with distributed systems and solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices/Micro Frontends.
- Proficiency in unit testing and UI testing for Android applications
- Excellent communication; written and spoken and experience working with non-technical stakeholders
- High level of ownership - own your systems end-to-end
- Duration: 20 weeks
- Hours per week: 40
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Amsterdam, hybrid (once a week on location)